What is blogging?
A blog is an online journal displaying information in a reverse chronological order. The latest posts are displayed at the top and oldest at the bottom. A blog is a platform on which a person or people can write about topics of interest or an individual subject. It enables people from all over the world to view what has been written and share their own personal views regarding the same topics or similar ones.
How could your business benefit from blogging?
- Search Engine Optimization - For an inexpensive and straightforward way of adding fresh content to your website, blogging is ideal. It allows you to connect with more and more people, whilst giving your business a stronger voice. Writing blogs that relate to your business and customers will not only engage your audience but also increase the number of searches you receive online. People will type keywords into sites such as Google and Bing to explore topics relating to the chosen words.
- Developing/maintaining relationships - Blogging is a way in which you can develop relationships with influencers and customers. A blog is your company on a personal, informal level. Having something like a comments section, allows you to follow your reader's opinions and respond quickly to anything they have said, building more trust and confidence between the business and customer.
- Become A Thought Leader - Blogging is an excellent way to build trust and establish a level of expertise. Using topics such as ‘how to’ guides will make you the educator and main influencer for other brands or customers. Having a strong social standing will increase your businesses engagement throughout all of its platforms, especially if your content is interesting, informative and enjoyable.
- Be Personal and Connect - Use your brand voice and make sure you sound like a real person. Let's face it if you are writing blogs or social posts, there is a person behind it. Giving your audience an insight into the people within your business will help them to connect with you on a personal level. Your audience will find it easier to relate to your brand if they know that they aren't just talking to a computer but a real person. Which then comes alongside loyalty and trust, making them more likely to use your business.
- Sharing opportunities - Blogs are a great way of getting your voice heard. Within your blog site, you can embed links to social media making it easier for your audience to share your content. This gives your writing the potential to be seen by thousands of people or even go viral. If you share your blog on your business's social media platforms, it will also encourage more viewers to engage with your posts.
Blogging is one of the most popular activities to do on the internet, in fact, 23% of internet time is spent on blogs and social networks. Many businesses are already using blogging as a marketing technique. About two-thirds of marketers say their company blog is "critical" or "important" to their business. Part of the reason is that 'blogs are a great way to engage your visitors.'
So, are you ready to start your business's blog? If you need any help to manage your social media, we offer a range of packages to suit you. Take a look at our services page on our website for more information on what we can provide.