Ever wondered what it’s really like to work at Social Sidekick? In this blog, Milly Dayer shares her experience of her week’s work experience with the team.
The Social Sidekick team have put together their top tips for social media marketing to help you improve your campaigns! Whether you are a Marketing Manager looking for new ideas, or a start up business owner using social media for the first time, the top ideas and tips from our Account Managers are sure to help you increase impressions and engagement…
1. Use negative and positive feedback to your advantage - it’s a chance to let your excellent customer service shine!
2. For B2C businesses, schedule tweets/posts for evenings and weekends so you don’t miss out on peak times for traffic.
3. Share ‘personal’ updates about the business, e.g a charity day, an employee's birthday cake etc.. It makes the business seem more human and approachable.
1. Use hashtags to get your posts noticed, but don’t over do it. Carefully pick which hashtag will have the most impact in your content.
2. Keep on top of your comments and messages. It doesn’t look great if your business is unresponsive to customer queries online.
3. Look into what hashtags are popular that day and get involved, this will expose your business to a larger audience and make you look on trend!
1. Interact with users on social media: retweeting, liking, adding people to lists and mentioning users. This will encourage people to engage you with too!
2. Keep an eye on what your competitors are doing: how often they post, what their popular posts are, what time they're posting etc so you are always a step ahead.
3. Use images and videos to create more visual content that will capture your audience’s attention.
1. Republish old content. If something was successful in the past, there’s no reason not to shout about it again!
2. Build relationships with influencers in your industry who are likely to shout about you on social media.
3. Create fun posts that reflect your business e.g. including emojis and photos of your team.
1. Use the right platform for your target audience. Research into which platforms your customers are likely to be using so you don’t waste your time posting to the wrong places.
2. Don’t be too aggressive with the amount you post - focus on quality not quantity. As long as your posts are consistent, once a day is plenty!
3. Engage with your audience and share their content - they might just do the same for you.
Want to chat with someone about your social media campaign? Give us a call on 0333 6666 193 or fill in our contact form.